• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Pump For A HomeMade System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cheap isnt the word your looking for. Low price is what your looking for(I hope!)

low price pumps include:
via aqua 1300
Maxijet 1200
danner mag 3

cheap pumps include:
Via aqua 1300
Possibly maxijet 1200

If you search for 'danner' youll find a link to buy them for $35. $44 shipped. I would definately go with that pump.
Click my WWW at the bottom of this message, check out my review.

Jon

I really like how danners have made a comeback. Seems like not too many people where using them 6 months ago.

I've used both the Danner 250 and the ViaAqua 1300 (stlll in my system because I haven't had time to switch back to my Danner) With the danner in my system, I was getting temps about 1-2 degrees less then with the ViaAqua. The danner was submegered in about twice the amount of water, so this could be a reason why. I also found the Via to be quiter then the Danner. As far as build construction goes, noods go to the Danner. It is built like a tank.

I love my via aqua 1300, its silent and has a very good flow rate, but it was hard to get the ater flowing at first, as it doesnt have much power, just speed.

My suggestion would be to go to trusty dusty ebay.I just bought an ehiem 1048 retail 59.99 unshipped for 23 shipped. Also you could go to petsmart or a local pet store and get a fish pump

I'm starting with a maxijet, But I think someday I will change over to the Danner. Even if the only reason were the ceramic instead of metal shaft, I'd do it. Make sure if you get one with a metal impeller shaft, that you put some watter wetter in or something.

Back