• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing IC-7... my first BIOS update... need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can do that or use an old Windows 98 Startup disk. But you can just put the BIOS file on a floppy and hit Alt-F2 at bootup and the BIOS will flash itself.

Last edited:
this is also my first bois update. Do I need to save the original bios in case something goes wrong, if so how do I do that?

How to Flash Bios

If you have the ic7 or the ic7-g you have a program on the abit disk that they dont talk about in the manuel.You go to utilities and install flash menu and pick which one you want to do.Live update is easy. Dont Do anything untill it prompts to re-boot computer.One bid chane in the bios is the mult. increased.

Re: How to Flash Bios

Hitman71 said:
If you have the ic7 or the ic7-g you have a program on the abit disk that they dont talk about in the manuel.You go to utilities and install flash menu and pick which one you want to do.Live update is easy. Dont Do anything untill it prompts to re-boot computer.One bid chane in the bios is the mult. increased.

WOW...
I had to search for the "flash menu" on the disk, but I just updated my bios to 1.3

worked like a charm...I just had to reset my bios settings after a reboot.

*mica is so happy that he didin't need to reinstall his floppy*

:clap:

mica

About time they sorted out flashing from windows. I dont have a floppy drive either, but got round that by just booting from a win98 cd, and flashing straight from the hd.

Re: Re: How to Flash Bios

micamica1217 said:

WOW...
I had to search for the "flash menu" on the disk, but I just updated my bios to 1.3

worked like a charm...I just had to reset my bios settings after a reboot.

*mica is so happy that he didin't need to reinstall his floppy*

:clap:

mica
where did you find this flash menu and would this work on an IS7 as well?

i don't wanna put my floppy back in just to flash my board.. :rolleyes:

Back