• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How I isolated my Danner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Giblet Plus!

My Danner Mag 5 was getting a little noisy, and making my whole case vibrate. I had it mounted with the included mounting plate, some nuts and bolts, and a couple rubber washer things.

I decided to build this:

mounting.jpg

and now it's substantially quieter. I can barely hear it with the computer off. :)

finalmounting.jpg

Hey Giblet is that Danner bigger than the eheim1250 cuz that idea of mounting it horizontally is gr8 :D

Nice clean solution to your problem. Pump looks great.

May I ask what the notch in the bottom of your case is/was for?

The notch is there because, uh, I . .

I was trying to get the pump to fit better in a different spot before, and I made the notch to help clear it. You can't see it with the window on. :D

I'm not sure how well mounting an Eheim vertically on the bottom of a case would work. They're a lot longer than Danners.

Please explain the "string multiple runs", do you mean you just wrapped normal string around it multiple times? That seems real ghetto compared to the rest, which in my opinion is good quality.

the string.. if it breaks your pump will vibrate out of position since there's nothing else holding it.

not the way i'd do it.

i like the rest of it. i'll use something similar on my danner 3 but i'll use the base like its supposed to be used.

Why not just use the included mounting piece that is included?

Maybe use the mounting piece with the mouse pad?

thats what i'm going to do. i suppose he wanted it mounted on its back to get the different tubing angles.

I got that big thick 2 inch wide velcro and attached mine to the bottom of my case. The velcro helps with the vibration and I can easily move it when I need to. I also have the danner 5

Maxvla said:
thats what i'm going to do. i suppose he wanted it mounted on its back to get the different tubing angles.

But you can just unscrew the 4 screws on the pump, and rotate it whatever way you want.

metal fastners > plastic and string

whatever you are comfortable with though. :D

Back