• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
IS it ok to go with the Anderson-Barrows generic vinyl tubing from Home Depot for $2.17 a 10' section, or should I just spend the money on some high quality Tygon? If I should just spring for the Tygon, is this variation Clear Tubing For Chemcials 1/2" I.D. 3/4" O.D. and 1/8" wall that I should be looking for? Thanks for the advice.

I also found some Clear Flexible Vinyl Tubing at US Plastic Corp - 1/2" ID 3/4" OD 1/8" wall for $.35/ft...will this be ok...or is the Tygon still the better option? Also why do people suggest the Tygon over everything else, when it costs so much more than just standard Vinyl Tubing.

Last edited:
I have used vinyl and it has been fine but i dont use any additives.. :-/

I got a killer deal on vinyl the other day at HD... 20 feet for a buck so i got it and that swhats going to be used for my main rig hopefully... other rigs are watercooled....except for main rig ;)

I've been using generic vinyl tubing from UK's equivalent to home depot (I suppose) - B&Q - and I've found that after a couple of months, the tubing will harden. I've replaced the tubing on my rig once, but I'm going to get some decent stuff - the tygon or something similar - when it's finally sorted out.

Well if I buy the Tygon I mentioned in the first post, I will end up spending like $335 on the whole system, and If I get the Vinyl from US Plastics, it will cost me $272. Is the price difference worth it, or should I just go cheap and replace it every couple months.

Might as well ask the pump question also...

Is it worth it to spend the extra $15 on an Eheim 1250 over the Hydor L30? I will be running both CPU and NB blocks, and I want to know which will give me the best flowrate with both blocks. Also, does the Hydor L30 run any hotter than the Eheim? I noticed that one of the specs listed for the pump was a themal sensor to prevent overheating, and this kind of sent alarm bells off in my head. Thanks for the help and guidance.

Looked into the two VIA Aqua's and I am not too sure if I have enough room in my case for both of them and the heatercore ;). What is the benefit of having both of them?

This is what I haqve come up with for my system...please give me some input.
VIA Aqua 1300 - $25
D-Tek WW - $70
Chevette Heatercore -$35
BayRes Resovoir - $25
Morphling1's NB block - $55
Metal hose clamps - $6
Fittings - Y adapter, 1/2" NPT barbs for pump - $6
20' Clear Vinyl Tubing - $7

I am the most concerned about the pump and the tubing choices, so if I am making the wrong decision before I buy all this in the next couple weeks, please let me know.

Edit: Fixed the sentence that made no sense.

Last edited:
Hmm, I could also drop Morphling's NB block, and go with the Danger Den Z Chipset Block for a mere $40, unless of course Morphling's is much better. Gah, all these choices...need more input! ;)

How much is it a foot, and where can I find it. I was looking for 1/8" walls to prevent kinking, but most of the watercooling places like danger den and d-tek dont offer that option. Thanks

Also I am assuming that the D-tek WW is going to be shipping with mounting harware. Is this generally the case, or should I be looking for my own? If I need to get the mounting stuff seperatley, what all will I need?

Alrighty, the only problem is the $1.50/ft thing. What is the benefit of getting that over the stuff that is $.35/ft.

Well ClearFlex 60 is equivalent to Tygon R-3603 tubing. It is just as flexible, smooth, clear, and kink proof as Tygon.

Alright, so switch the ClearFlex for the cheapo stuff, and it brings my total to $242. Any suggestions or comments on my pump choice? Is it reliable, quiet, etc...?

Also, is Water Wetter going to give me all that much of a performance boost? I don't really want pinkish water, and I wanted to add some kind of UV dye if I can...but if the Water Wetter will help a lot, I will accept the pink water.

Last edited:
Sorry wasnt here.

water wetter migth give you a slight increase, id use it just for the great property of it helping slow down corrosion;)

The pump isn the most reliable.. but many people use it wth no problems. i would have gotten two for the price and in case one fails use the other one

Back