• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12" Heatercore mounting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhOdInI

I was wondering, what is the typical difference in temperature at the very top of a case compared to its very low part? I have an Antec 1200 full tower case, my idle system temps being 27C and system full load temps being 31. I have thought of removing the hard drives rack and mount my 2 hdds in the upper cdroms rack and mount the heatercore verically at the front of the case. Another thought i had was mounting it horizontally either on the very top of the case or the very bottom, since my pump is submersed into a cuboid reservoir. Another issue, i have mounted 2 120mm fans in series on the front side of the heatercore, so will i have to cut off my case so that the air pushed through the fins by the fans gets out? since the heatercore in all 3 cases will be in contact with the case, there is no other way for the blown air to escape. I dont want to slaughter me case :(

Please advice, thanks

102_0208.jpg

102_0215.jpg

Last edited:
You have the perfect case to place a 120mm fan at the back where the 80mm is and place a Chevy Chevette core with shroud and both ends and another 120mm fan in the front. Drop the drives down and intake the air from the front and out the back. Perfect setup.

Kinda like my drawing, but slightly different.

case.jpg

Last edited:
so, if i get this right, i dish the 12" heatercore and purchase the chevete heatercore? ouch :( . one more thing, will i have to make an air duct as well and drill the top of my case so that the fan on the shroud sucks cold air?

Back