• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pricematch policies?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overload

I was in circuit city the other day and i tryed to pricematch a hard drive they had to a best buy ad. cc had it for 179, bb had it for 159. they each had 100 and 80 rebates respectivly. circuit city told me they only match the final price. i was there for like 30 minutes arguing with the guy i have priced matched before and the policy says...bla bla. I finaly gave up and left. what, if anyhting do i do if they refuse to pricematch?

Ask for a manager, and keep working your way up the food chain until you get someone who knows what they are doing.

That actually sounds about right. That's pretty typical of almost any store. Basically, CCs final price and BBs final price are both the same at $79. Now if CC DIDN'T have a rebate at all or if CC's rebate was smaller then they would match that difference in the final price.

Read the posted policy. Probably states final price only. Everyone does.

skip said:
Read the posted policy. Probably states final price only. Everyone does.

This should help a little.

In-Store Price Match Plus Guarantee (for purchases made in one of our stores)

Nothing's worse than paying too much. That's why we do everything in our power to make sure you don't pay a penny more than you should for anything you buy at Circuit City. If you've seen a lower advertised price from another local store with the same item in stock, we want to know about it. Bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference. Even after your Circuit City purchase, if you see a lower advertised price (including our own sale prices) within 30 days, we'll refund 110% of the difference. We're with you!

Our policy applies only to advertised prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates, free-with-purchase offers, and special financing.

So there you go. They don't price match rebated prices anyways.

Back