• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

distilled water + uv dye +?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

do i need anything else?

i read in the sticky that 100% distilled water is the best stuff to use if you are operating at near ambient temps.

my question is do i need anything else in the water besides my uv dye?

i heard that people add things to the water to keep the water cleaner and the blocks from clogging up... not sure what i should do.

Its better to add an anti-corrosion/inhibitor agent such as Watter Wetter

You can find it@ dtek

I added the Water Wetter than the UV Dye

Many Autozone's and Advanced auto's carry it here in Alabama.

Check with your local one.

water wetter stinks like you wouldn't believe. I used it for a while. I took about 3 weeks for the smell to finially fade. But there is an upside to the reeking smell of water wetter. About six weeks into my first H2O setup, I walked into my office and right away i could smell water wetter. That is how I found out that my resivor had a crack in it. Since then I have upgraded my water cooling system and now I use Hydrx water solution from koolance, with a couple of drops of uv dye. this solution is almost sent free.

What does it smell like? It can't be any worse than Windshield Wiper Fluid, or Antifreeze...the other two options I was considering.

My water wetter didn't smell but I had issues with it foaming like mad. Maybe I used too much but I only used a few drops so I'm not sure.I'm going to try purpel ice next to see if works any better for me.

It stinks pretty bad, but if you have a sealed system don't worry about it. I prefer Hyperlube Supercoolant over Water Wetter because it's green instead of pink and glows nice under UV.

Rokk1972 said:
water wetter stinks like you wouldn't believe. I used it for a while. I took about 3 weeks for the smell to finially fade. But there is an upside to the reeking smell of water wetter. About six weeks into my first H2O setup, I walked into my office and right away i could smell water wetter. That is how I found out that my resivor had a crack in it. Since then I have upgraded my water cooling system and now I use Hydrx water solution from koolance, with a couple of drops of uv dye. this solution is almost sent free.
link?

Back