• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling with@tech

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TerryB

Registered
I have a water cooling system on my ic7 {swiftech.} i am cooling both cpu and gpu i just odered a mcw5000-pt to cool my cpu should be here this morning i forgot all about the gpu will the heat from the tech on the cpu heat up the water enough to effect the video card .should i buy the mcw50-t for the video card Thanks for any replys Also got the 12v 25 amp power supply would this opperate both techs

Well I have A antec true power 550 so if yours works so should mine but i am still currious about the temp of the water on the video card looks like ill find out . new block and psu are here ill put together tonight thanks for your reply

you will find out but I know the water will be hotter going to the gpu, if that makes a difference you will need to determine that.
if you add another pelt to the mix (for the gpu) you should start considering an improved water cooling solution (more-bigger heat exchanger).
wj

The pelt made my temps warmer so I just went and picked up a 2'nd rad (1976 Chevette Heatercore) to get it back to normal. Should be here in about a week because autozone had to order it.

Well I have mine up and running wasnt to sure about it didnt want to fry my new setup Ic7 2.6c 2 256mb of ocz 3700ddr gold but i did it anyway no sign of condinsation ideling at -1 did warm up the water a bit. back of video card with a laser thermometer is at 42c its a mobbed radon 9500 at 373/310 at the moment I have a detek rad hate to put in another running out of room in the case still dont no what i am going to do with swiftec tech power supply. I think I might go with a tech for the vid card if cpu tec works out ok

TerryB,
if your arizona local is dry your are okay but if the humidity rises at all that temp will allow for condensation.
better to be safe than sorry
wj

are you running that 226w pelt from your psu? Also did you use dielectric grease to prevent condensation? Also I just modded my case to fit 2 radsw/ shrouds in a chieftec dragon midtower case. If you want some pics I will post em.

Yes it is the 226 pelt I used liquid electrical tape to seal up back of board and on front around socket then dielectric grease in socket&pin holes put on neoprene .put the 1\16 thick neoprene on top of socket just exposing the top of the cpu.so around the socket totally sealed on back of board also put 1/2 thick neoprene over liquid tape .yes if you could post so pics that would be helpful

here it is looking rough. The top drive bay holder was cut away to let the rad slide in and a window was cut at the top for an external shroud. Down below you can see the big hole cut where the 2nd rad+otis will be.
teaser.jpg

Finished pic without rad (you can see where the drive bay holders are cut back
my%20pc.jpg

Hay Nimrod0031 looks good i have the same case almost its an antec but the same size I have my radiator on the bottom in the front you sure can feel the heat now with the pelt going I am thinking about making a seperate box for the rad and fans without the ac on system temp goes into the high 30s ambient temp of 80-85 f. iI have got her up to 280 fsb for 3645 mem at 448 not to bad will go higher i think if i get rid of some of this heat in the case

Ok I have the Ic7 and cant find where to read my mem speed. Have you got enough case fans pushing out? Its more important to have them pushing out than pulling in fresh air. Except on a rad it needs to be pulling. You proib already know this but....

That sure is a sweet setup. Puts my 2.53b in its place:)

Nimrod0031 I have 1 120mm top mounted fan for a blow hole 2 80 mm on back of case 3 of these blowing out rad set up to push pull with 120 mm fans maybe i should switch direction of rad fans to blow out add fan in door to blow in

Back