• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 Voltage Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maglin

I've noticed in MBM5 that my -12 volts is at -7 and my -5 is at -3 volts... I have a new Thermaltake 420watt Truepower PSU and a regular IC7... I have it running at 275 FSB stable with my 2.4c... I was wondering if this is only happening to me or if anyone else noticed this as well... If it's just me I might have a defective board and I'll want to exchange it before it causes in other system problems...

Anyone esle seeing this??? Is it even all that important???

Maglin said:
I've noticed in MBM5 that my -12 volts is at -7 and my -5 is at -3 volts... I have a new Thermaltake 420watt Truepower PSU and a regular IC7... I have it running at 275 FSB stable with my 2.4c... I was wondering if this is only happening to me or if anyone else noticed this as well... If it's just me I might have a defective board and I'll want to exchange it before it causes in other system problems...

Anyone esle seeing this??? Is it even all that important???
MBM never seems to read the 'negative' voltages correctly. I would just ignore them, that's what I do. If the other important voltages look good, you are fine.

Oh thank you... I never thought that it was MBM5.... It's really my first time useing the program.... Took me like 5 minutes to figure out why I wasn't geting any readings at all.... LoL.... I was such a newb....

My positive Voltages are all within reason...
+3.3 @ 3.33
+12 @ 12.04
+5 @ 5.05

I was just a little conserned about my Negitive voltages being so off...

Maglin said:
My positive Voltages are all within reason...
+3.3 @ 3.33
+12 @ 12.04
+5 @ 5.05

I was just a little conserned about my Negitive voltages being so off...

Your voltages look spot on! What S/N is your ic7?

As someone pointed out the -12 and -5 values are no longer relevant to this board. In Abit HW Doctor they have been replaced by "VDDQ" and "Vtt". I think one is supposed to "half" of the Vdimm, the other the AGP voltage?
Go into MBM/Voltages and change the Voltage Configuration from "W83627HF Standard 1" to "W83627HF Standard 5".
Then go into the "visual" settings on the same page and change the 1st value to "VDDQ" (should be a value in the "1.2x-1.3x" range and the second value to "Vtt" should be a value in the "1.5x" range.

Mike G

yea whats the S/N on ure bored still trying to decide if I should rma the vored is rock solid with bad voltage dunno.

Sorry for the lateness my S/N is:

00-50-8D-FA-095E

Not to sure how relevant my S/N is.... I do have a decent PSU which I contribute to my Decent Voltages...

I've seen posts that the MB is getting the correct voltages but the BIOS ans ultimatly the sensors are not reading it correctly or accuretly...

I have my RAM at 2.8v in Bios... MBM5 and BIOS shows it at 2.75... the Vtt is showing 1.52 in MBM5 which would be more than half of 2.8.... I'm going to Volt mod my Ram soon to 3.0v and see if that doesn't stabilize my O/C past 275...

Anyone have any good links on where to check on the MB for all the approate voltages manually???

Back