• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with viaqua1300 noise please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
I've had a viaqua a few months, got it second hand and had no problems untill about a week ago... Now it's started buzzing most of the time... very irritating. Does anyone know of anything I can do to stop it, or is it time to get a new pump?

I thought that too and I will... but how? I have two air traps (my bleed/fill lines)... and why after 2 months of no noise without moving or seriously jostling my computer would this suddenly start?

via aquas are known to do something odd. but hey, id get it if i were on a small budget.
http://www.wc101.com/guides/ViaAqua/
i have no idea if that will help you or not. but its something to help quiet it, supposedly. but yours sounds more like a technical malfunction type of thing

I remember this happened to other people. Apparently, somehow they glued one end of the impeller shaft.

I have had one for 8 months now and no troubles here, I don't know why anyone badmouths these pump mine has been great and I have a Maxi 1200 in reserve but like the flow of the via much better.

-mamer

Well, I drained my system, did the mod, and the noise stopped. Strange... it didn't sound like the mp3 of the before pump... NOW it sounds like the mp3 of the before pump, before it sounded like the impellor was hitting against the casing... like the pump was on its last legs in other words.

Back