• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr Snub

Hey I currently have an AMD 1800+ and am looking to upgrade to an intel, what are some good motherboards, I know almost nothing about intel, would like one cmpatible with newest cpu's too(see my post in intel cpu's)

Right now king of the hill appears to be the Asus P4P800. And for $150 it is not that bad of a deal, Esp. with all the bells and whistles it comes with.

the p4p800 is $127 over at newegg. It has all the features most would need, and will oc/preform better than any other mobo out now. for $148 you can get the p4p800 deluxe which has some nice extra features that could interest your, especially if you want to do raid with sata drives.

I personally am waiting for the new Epox mobo to come out. It seems like that will be the best mobo and will cost about the same. It should be out in about 2 weeks.

Well I still have to go about getting the money for all this, (Confirmation in a week) so I can wait and see if this epox is worth it.

i got my friend an is7. with his 2.4c he can't get over 237 fsb. the mem dividers are screwed up and don't work. when abit fixes that it will probably oc well, but until then don't even look at it!

Back