• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

canterwood mobos BESIDES the asus and abit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ok im in the hunt and comparision for parts as im gonna try an intel switch.ive been reading mainly on the asus,abit canterwoods and ive seen anough to make a decision on those 2.

but what i need now is opinios outside those2 mobo's.
heres what i need:
intel raid0 sata controller
high bios voltage options, 1.9vcore,2.9-3vdimm,agp isnt an issue.
ability to run the high fsb 275+
i dont/wont vmod anything
idlike to stay under $200

if anything fits those parameters pls mention the mobo.
yes i know the 2 mobos i mentioned dont do 2.9vdimm as thats why im looking further for more choices.TY!

ty ill give it a looksee.

anyone have any other suggestions? im looking at the gigabyte as well.its gonna be hard for me to by something other than the asus/abit but i needtomake sure ive donemy homework.

the canterwood is not what you want.

the p4p800 856pe springdale board is the best board out. it oc's/preforms the best, and only cost $125 at newegg.

If you wanted to wait like 2 weeks the epox board that is coming out with the 875 canterwood chipset seems like it will be a good bit better than the rest of the boards, and i think it is only suppose to cost $140.

hmmm springdales are not what ive been seeing as the best ocers. the ic7 looks rather good as does the p4c800

ill give it a look tho.
i added apost in the epox section as it is exactly what i want if they fix the vcore options.

The ic7 does not have any working lan connection at all. Not even 10/100. So the money you save as opposed to the IC7-G is negated to some degree buying a nic card.

On my 2nd ic7 now. First one worked for about a week and a half (11 days), then just died one day on boot. Dont know what is up with that. It overclocks extremely well. In the end im thinking it isnt worth the time. Had to compensate for undervoltage. Temperature readings were all over the place so it was shutting down the system. Tried to compensate for that as well. Still kept shutting down under high stress. Yes, the heatsink was seated properly. Heatsink was cool to the touch in a coolermaster case with about 6 fans.

Have a asus springdale otw. should be here tomorrow. I post what my results are. I am confident it will give my ic7 a run for its money. There is also a bios update for better voltages. Even if I only get "close" to the oc I did with the ic7, it will make me happy at this point.

Whatever board you get, I hope you have better luck then I have.

Back