• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 - 2.4B Need Advice TIA!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWISM

Registered
Here is my new setup, one weird thing I have noticed is my ram sticks say PC3500C2PT but in CPUZ they list as 3200. They are running Dual Channel.

Are my memory scores right? I am running 4:5 and SPD, I thought I should be higher?

CPU.JPG

Your memory timings are really loose and that is almost certainly affecting your memory benchmark scores. Are you still running at the default memory voltage? Have you tried bumping it up and seeing if that lets you tighten the timings a bit?

Also, a lot of 875P boards had memory stability problems at PC3200 at the launch. Abit has updated their BIOS a couple of times, and the latest (v1.2, I think) is reportedly a lot more stable at high memory speeds.

BHD

unfortunately you,re not getting the full benefit 0f dual channel, only running the fsb at 650 mhz.. many guys with the new 2.4c's are runnin their fsb at 1100 and higher. that extra speed really makes a whopping difference on memory scores

Why is there not any support for 3:4 or 4:5 settings added? Is it not possible for the the chip set to do so?
Thats all that is needed for big memory bandwidth.

TWISM said:
Here is my new setup, one weird thing I have noticed is my ram sticks say PC3500C2PT but in CPUZ they list as 3200. They are running Dual Channel.

Are my memory scores right? I am running 4:5 and SPD, I thought I should be higher?

CPU.JPG
You might have bought an overclocked RAM. I know GeIL shows 2700 instead of 3200. As far as timing goes, what timing is your RAM rated at?

Back