• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is7 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

im building a new setup at work, and i picked up the is7-e. i wd 8mb cache 40 gig, and a radeon 8500. well, i CANNOT instal windows xp on it, i keep getting all kinds of errors. anyone else have any problems like this? oh yeah and seeing as this is a work computer, i only need it to run stock. this is my firxt abit, and from the looks of it, its gonna be my last unless i can get this worked out.

Last edited:
no one has no ideas about this? i REALLY need to get this setup and running.

The IS7 can't deal with the SPD settings on Corsair PC3200 XMS (if that's what you're using, it's in your sig). Try setting the timing at 2-4-4-8 and see how it goes. Also, like most P4 mobos, the IS7 undervolts the core so you might bump it up. But see if playing with the DDR timings helps.

There's also a beta BIOS available that might solve your problem.

i finally got it to work, all i did was slow down the ram timings. it did the trick, you can crank them back up after you install, its just really picky during the install.

Back