• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need links to QUALITY vendors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnowlesTech

I want to be a Beta Tester
Hi, I build PCs on the side. Not an everyday thing but more like 2-5 pcs a week. I am tired of buying the *deals of the day* as the prices are changing to frequently to quote a reliable price.

What I need are some links to RELIABLE VENDORS who sell basic hardware in SMALL bulk packages. I.E> 3 MBs for a single price kinda deal. They must be reliable, please post links below if you can. Thanks for your help.

*Moderator Tolerated* :D

You checked the US/UK Online Vendors sticky already? Just about everybody is in there.

sandman001 said:

Sandman, none of those you posted sell in small quantities. Example: Buy one MB for 150.0 or buy 3 of the same MB for 350.00 saving some money on small bulk items.

donny_paycheck said:
You checked the US/UK Online Vendors sticky already? Just about everybody is in there.

Yes I checked just about all of them so far, no small quantity deals from those vendors.

Quantity discounts are a myth unless you can deal directly with the manufacturer and negotiate you own deal (one based on thousands of units). Places like newegg already operate on such slim margins there is no fat in the price to remove just because you need three of them. Buying in quantity does reduce shipping costs, but it won't effect the item price much unless you are paying too much to begin with.

This is the only place I know (well that I would trust)
http://66.216.68.88/ they don't have the best stuff out always a gen or more back but there prices are good
another option is contact a eBay seller that has many of the parts you need and make a deal I did this a year back and ended up doing some good biz with a larger distributor but I was buying 15-100 parts at a time
PS if you use option 2 get a phone number and talk to the sales reps if they are on commission then you can low ball the hell out of them they only want to make a few $ and move stuff quick I knocked 70% of the stuff I wanted and it was a deal to them

larva said:
Quantity discounts are a myth unless you can deal directly with the manufacturer and negotiate you own deal (one based on thousands of units). Places like newegg already operate on such slim margins there is no fat in the price to remove just because you need three of them. Buying in quantity does reduce shipping costs, but it won't effect the item price much unless you are paying too much to begin with.

They are not a myth I use them all the time like Cyber guys, they just do not sell what I need in hardware. I have been in business for several years and this is the best way to do business. The Microsoft Builder's also allow me to purchase several copies of their OSes at reduced prices for purchasing a minimum of 5 OSes. This is a common practice for many *small* businessmen.
I do the same thing, I take a little less money but I know because of the deal that I will make more money off of that customer in the future.
[edited 2034 06-04-03] Edited to get rid of improper wording which offended a good person *larva* Not meant to sound that way Larva... I apologize. I was just not wanting this thread to turn into a rant about what is real and what is not in the bulk market industry. From what you pmed me you have had good dealings and know what you are talking about. In my dealings I have similar but opposite items. Thanks for the info in the pm though, I appreciate the effort and info. {no dismissives here}

Stedeman said:
This is the only place I know (well that I would trust)
http://66.216.68.88/ they don't have the best stuff out always a gen or more back but there prices are good
another option is contact a Ebay seller that has many of the parts you need and make a deal I did this a year back and ended up doing some good biz with a larger distributor but I was buying 15-100 parts at a time
PS if you use option 2 get a phone number and talk to the sales reps if they are on commission then you can low ball the hell out of them they only want to make a few $ and move stuff quick I knocked 70% of the stuff I wanted and it was a deal to them

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!

Edit, That link is a geat link for making FOLDING MACHINES!

Last edited:
larva said:

... you are paying too much to begin with.

Places that have a truly good price on one can't buy the product any cheaper nor sustain any lower margin because you need three.

KnowlesTech said:

I am not interested in comments only links to people who know dealers like I need.

Don't worry, it won't happen again.

Back