• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Cases for Rad/Pump placement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FACTION95Si

I'm in the market for a new case for my water cooling setup. I currently have a Yeong Yang Cube case but the motherboard side isn't wide enough to fit the radiator properly.
I know that pretty much any case is suitable depending on how much you wan't to modify it. I've already taken the dremel to my cube case to get things to fit but it still isn't working out.

So what are some good cases that will fit a big rad with minimum modification?

Can you put up some pics/links to what you've got to work with? It'd probably make things easier for others to make suggestions.

Ok sorry.

I've got to have somewhat of a large case because I have a lot of stuff.

2- hard drives
2- optical drives
Sunbeam baybus
D-Tek bayres
Ehiem pump
D-Tek Pro Rad w/ shroud and 120mm panaflow

I was thinking something like this case
ma-01w2.jpg

I could mount the pump above the PSU.

Once again, the Lite-On FS-020 is the best there is IMO. It is wider than most cases, allowing you to put the pump NEXT to the lower drive cage (not in it). The case is $82 shipped from newegg (if they have them in stock) or a bit more from www.outsideloop.com. The other huge plus is the case is set up for 3 120mm fans, 2 exhaust and one intake at the bottom front, perfect for the D-Tek core (what I run) and 2 shrouds. Here are a couple of pics:

With the drive bays removed, so you can see where the pump is...

inside.jpg

With everything installed...

fullinside.jpg

And here is a bit of extra space, perfect for the "T" line if you use one, also where my relay for the pump is...

side.jpg

Now I have more stuff than you and I still have room to spare. 4 HD's, 2 Opticals and a floppy plus 5 120mm fans. I have a 120mm in the side panel blowing cool air in over the mobo/vid card.

Sold! You have enough room for a push/pull on the rad and it takes 120s for the stock fan size.... I'm sold on it.
Thanks!

Heheh those pics do the trick every time. :)

I just wanted to add that you can put a performance WC setup in a much smaller case if you are willing to put in some effort and careful planning. I sort of had that goal in mind myself (see my sig for the components involved). IMO it's nice to fit everything in a small and elegant package... but I'll be the first to admit that it can be a pain to get it all right on the first try.

When i was in the market i was having trouble choosing between the FS-020 or the Chenbro Genie SR104. Here are some pics of it modified a little. I got mine with the dual 120's up front for a dual fan rad. It also has more room for HD's (which i needed). Two downsides to the Genie, 1. price can be much higher esoecially with the mods, 2. My case weighs in at around 50 lbs making it a pain to take to lans.

just my $.02

p.s. sorry no pics of my own case, still havent purchased a Digi cam

Back