• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this Swiftech 22500 for $49 any good???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
kewl, I'll guess I'll snag it from him then. It has an Eniehm(sp?) pump in it too, not sure the model though. But it's complete and has a huge radiator that looks almost like a tranny cooler for a car. LOL

It is a "tranny cooler" (I have 3). That kit, even at $200, is an OK deal. At $50, it's almost theft... :)

Especially considering that the pump alone goes for over $50, as does the main block.

You'll really like the rad, VERY easy to mount (Many times easier than a core). It's not a heater core, but the performance is far from bad (way better than Koolance rad). And you should have plenty of space left in your case.

It was discontiued and they were selling it for $99, but when he paid for it they only charged him $49.00

They have a few more left I might go buy

I thought this kit doesn't come with any waterblocks? It's only the pump, tubing, and the radiator I supposed.

If it's the 22500B (with the "B" being "Bare") then no blocks are included. It would be an "OK" deal at that point, as he mentioned it included a Eheim pump ($60+), and the radiator goes for $40 usually by itself. Obviously, if the block(s) are included, that would be Awsome! I wish jtd had included the final letter(s) of the SKU...

the deal sure isn't on their site [outpost.com] :-(
But remember, the deal was 100buxx, and he was accidentally charged 50.. so this may only happen once.

Swiftech, until very recently, used Ehiem in their kit. An old kit would still have the Ehiem.

Swiftech supposedly switched to their own pump as they were getting a lot of Ehiem returns from broken outlet barbs. The new pump also has a few issues with some people. But Swiftech produces good stuff, I'm sure if other companies had their volume of sales, you'ld here more problems with them as well.

I have MaxiJets (4 all together, but not all in the same computer) and I like them alot. They're under $20, and they are SMALL enough to fit anywhere. Well, maybe not a Shuttle, but anywhere on a REAL case... :)

wormwood said:
Swiftech, until very recently, used Ehiem in their kit. An old kit would still have the Ehiem.

Swiftech supposedly switched to their own pump as they were getting a lot of Ehiem returns from broken outlet barbs. The new pump also has a few issues with some people. But Swiftech produces good stuff, I'm sure if other companies had their volume of sales, you'ld here more problems with them as well.

I have MaxiJets (4 all together, but not all in the same computer) and I like them alot. They're under $20, and they are SMALL enough to fit anywhere. Well, maybe not a Shuttle, but anywhere on a REAL case... :)
I use a maxijet also. Good pump.

Back