• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

final inspection b4 ordering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhOdInI

Well after a lot of thinking and backing off, i have finally decided (drums playing) to go water cooled :p . For a start i will just wc my p4 but in the near future i will be wcing my radeon 9800 as well. here are the parts that i have concluded to:

Water Block: DD Maze3 w/ copper top, 1/2" Chrome fittings ($53)

Pump : Eheim 1250, 3/8" to 1/2" Adaptor ($73)

Radiator:DD Heatercore (looks like a chevette hc to me) 1/2" ($35)

Fans : 2 Evercool Chrome 120mm Fans ($24)

Water Additive : Water Wetter ($3.50)

Tubing : 5 feet of Clearflex 60 1/2"ID 3/4"OD ($7.50)

Hose Clamps : 10 Plastic Adjustable Hose Clamps ($7.50)

T-line : 1/2" T-Line ($1.75)

Total of $204 + $70 shipping :(

I will be constructing 2 fan shrouds for the fan myself, no need to spend another $30 on them. Basically my concern is if my tubing is appropriate for the rest of the system, especially with the eheim 1250 since @ www.dangerden.com it sais the eheim 1250 comes with 1/2"OD and 5/8"OD and they have an option for a 3/8" to 1/2" adaptor and i have included that just in case. what do you think?

you should be able to slip the tubing over the fittings on the pump, i havent tried it myself but everyone says so :p. Just one thing to notice, lose the plastic hose clamps, fast. They wont do you any good, just run down to home depo and buy some metal ones.

The metal ones are pretty cheap. If you go to the home depot website, I think they are like $.60 a piece.

MaxiKana said:
you should be able to slip the tubing over the fittings on the pump, i havent tried it myself but everyone says so :p. Just one thing to notice, lose the plastic hose clamps, fast. They wont do you any good, just run down to home depo and buy some metal ones.

OMG,
Plastic ones are better because they don't cut into the hose, like metal ones will do overtime. Plus they can be tightened by hand. They also wont have problems that metal things might, like being conductive, rusting, corroding, etc...

OMG....

ok i just placed my order. they take 3-5 buisness days to ship the items and 3 days for FEDEX to deliver, i will report the results in a week. thank you very much ppl for all your help.

Yes, $7.50 is nothing, i can get as many metal ones i want for free but i dont want to use a screwdriver to tighten clamps, my fingers will do fine so plastic all the way

OMG, Plastic ones are better because they don't cut into the hose, like metal ones will do overtime. Plus they can be tightened by hand. They also wont have problems that metal things might, like being conductive, rusting, corroding, etc... OMG....

Still, i would go for the metal clamps, plastic clamps cant be tightend to the extent that metal ones cant.. and if they get rusty? then your system has been underwater for quite some time. And i wouldnt want to have my hoses touch my cards either.

Back