• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good fan for a bong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i810 Forever

I've almost got my 3 foot bong built- all I really need is a fan. I'm using 4 inch (90mm) PVC. Any recommendations for a good, quiet fan that can do the job?

Also, should the fan be 90 or 92mm (since those are the two closest sizes available)?

TIA

i810 Forever said:
I've almost got my 3 foot bong built- all I really need is a fan. I'm using 4 inch (90mm) PVC. Any recommendations for a good, quiet fan that can do the job?

Also, should the fan be 90 or 92mm (since those are the two closest sizes available)?

TIA
Hmm... How about you go LOOK for one? Sound like a good ideal?

Its rather simple, go look for a fan with low dba and high cfm.

Re: Re: Good fan for a bong?

iNSiGMA said:

Hmm... How about you go LOOK for one? Sound like a good ideal?

Its rather simple, go look for a fan with low dba and high cfm.

I'm sorry for wanting to see if any users out there had any preferences for fans in the 90-92mm range. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Good fan for a bong?

i810 Forever said:

I'm sorry for wanting to see if any users out there had any preferences for fans in the 90-92mm range. :rolleyes:

Its ok. No problem. :D

You aren't going to want something with high cfm because then you'll be dumping extra water in every 8 hours, give or take a few hours. You want something like a Vantec Stealth, and you'll probably want to rheostat even that. I would NOT recommend my Mechatronics 120mm. Because, well... she gets kinda upset running that low.

Also, check out the bong coolers in the water cooling section on the left side of the front page. Very nice write-ups and very good info for you.

Back