• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biulding a water chiller need a little help please :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snowmobile74

hey guys uh well I just took apart this cooling unit and heh well the oil is spiting out one of the ends that I cut off hmm yea about that. is this normal? do I need to add more old to it and why the heck it is coming out the tubes?!!?

if just a little oil is coming out it wont hurt anything, but if its spraying out that cant be good. Once you get it in a closed system the oil will just drain back, thats why you should have your discharge line going up a little ways so the oil will drain back via gravity.

heh well I guess thats nothign to wory about then it just burps up a little bit after I had to turn the system over and then set it down after it was removed

I guess theres still the issue of where to get some fittings right now all it has is crimped copper

The oil in the lines is to keep the compressor lubed it is of grate importance if you want to keep your compressor running for an extended period of time that is.

Back