• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intresting 90* elbows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

I was recently looking in a motorcross magazine and seen some 90* elbows used for a camelback which they claimed would not reduce flow. Just thought some of you might be intrested. If you are let me know and ill try to find a web or something.

I usually use 2 45deg copper elbows for my 90degs. A lot less restriction compared to one of those brass elbows.

creepy said:
I was recently looking in a motorcross magazine and seen some 90* elbows used for a camelback which they claimed would not reduce flow. Just thought some of you might be intrested. If you are let me know and ill try to find a web or something.
Anytime the water needs to change direction, it 'reduces flow'. Even a bend in tubing does such. Unless physics on the planet earth can be modified, ANY 90 degree bend will cause flow resistance.

What if there were a 90 degree elbow with one inlet and 2 outlets, and then you could rejoin them.

I don't know if there is actually such thing, or if it would reduce the resistance any :D

Daemonfly said:
I usually use 2 45deg copper elbows for my 90degs. A lot less restriction compared to one of those brass elbows.

Sorry...I pasted a pic of the 3/4..but they also have 1/2..and currently I'm using it as outlet from my Hydor L30 pump...it's not even close to 90* angle...more like 45* angle

therudyq3 said:
How's this? it fits in the Hydor L30 pump...it's 1/2" and I think 5/8 O/D on the male/female screw in.

elbow

Hmm... That looks pretty decent, as logn as the threads are the proper type, it should work fine :) Although, it says it's 3/4", not 1/2" but should work if it comes in different sizes.

I don't remember the EXACT numbers but on 1 1/2 inch pipe (PVC that is used in pools) 1 90 deg is equal to about 10 feet of pipe and 1 45 was equal to about 2-3 feet of pipe so I know that 3/8 and 1/2 are going to have similar differences in water resistance. Hope this helps.

Back