• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Indepth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FizzledFiend

Ok I will try to keep this short and sweet, but thats going to be hard with all the area i want to cover.
first off here is the nightmare as it stands..laughing is allowed i do each day :p http://home.triad.rr.com/eridani/SERVER/

now as you can see I am cramped up like a mofo in this case and all these fans have driven me to the ends of sanity.

I am extreamly happy with the hardware i have currently, but that will change in a short order of course!

I have come into a bit of money and have set aside 1000 USD to spend on my dream case. NOISE is the main thing I want to kill plus I want the AWE factor.

few questions:

Cyro:
1. only cools the CPU not the HDD, chipset, or the vidcard
2. Noise level of the cyro's compressor and the power useage of the dern thing.
3. will liquid cooling be overkill for the other system critical components.
4. will be in family room so an all in 1 case solution is desired (case can be of humoncuss perportions if need be)

I have some breathing room with the price of the unit as i can do away with some of the hardware upgrades to get the case and cooling I want.

I am capable and willing to hack, bend, mold, solder, hammer, bash, and mutilate anything I am very handy with my hands and have family and friends that are professiols in the construction/electrical fields.

I made a post in liquid cooling here: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1836504#post1836504

Thanks for reading this long freakin' post!

you could get a prometia and a low flow watercooling setup. the promy for your cpu and the WC loop for your NB, GPU, PSU (if you feel that extreme ;)) and mosfets (if on an nforce2). that should do away with 95% of your noise and increase performance like a mofo. all for under 900 :)

im gonna agree with little piggie, prommys can look nice to if u go and mod it after you get it. you could always get one of the lian-li style prommys.

Back