• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My god, you have to see this, it's insane.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
um.. i'm not really impressed with the results.

gotta give tons of props to the cooling gear produced though.

but really... 3ghz on an amd chip. its not exactly easy but i would suspect with a setup like that you should be able to get higher.

and 3400mhz on the p4??? i can run that on my chip with default voltage on air.

Looks like a whole lot of trouble without much efficiency to me... props to the guy's effort of course.

It looks kinda cool, but deffinately not an efficient design.

I could swear I've seen that design in rough draft either here or on the procooling.com(most likely) forums.

i didnt read it, but they could have gotten way better results with phase change rather then peltiers.
3ghz amd is Very good. Not many can do that.

let me just say this.

it took me 13 Xp 2100's to get 3 ghz with my prometeia, even then it wasn't stable at all.
I have a Xp 1700 that does 3.030 ghz in my prometeia.

I have yet to see anyone get 3 ghz with any watercooling system then these guys.

thats damn impressive to me.

Yea, took me 4 cpus to get 2.4ghz on air :S..

So 3ghz is great. phase would have been better IMHO, but hey whatever you wanna do :)

It's definetly a nice result......From looking at how many people were there helping I think it hurt them. You get too many ideas and each person pushes a small part of thier idea and you end up with that crazy design. I think 2 or 3 MAX woould have been better. I wish I had the time to do that :(

Also can't really high power pelts get cooler than most commercial phase change setups? I would think so....

I say the 3ghz with a AMD is really impressive as well.

As far the the P4, I think it was just a dud.

I mean look the temps...when running at these speeds.

It probably would have helped if he wouldnt have used an old board, gotten a new nforce2 board... he has an 8k3a/+ there.
I think 3 pelts was way overdone, it probably didnt have much improovement over 2 if any...

it still is really crazy!

Jon

Back