• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 / 9800 problems on Springdale & Canterwood chipsets?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pedwar

Registered
Hi all,

I'm just about to update my motherboard, to maybe an ABIT IS7 or an ASUS P4P800 (both 865PE chipsets), but I've heard lots of rumours that there are quite a few problems with the latest ATi boards and these chipsets?

Anyone know anymore info with this?

Does this effect 9800's as well as 9700's? (I have a Hercules 9800 Pro)

I've also read from more than one source that this mainly effects the ASUS boards?

I did originally want the ABIT board as my last few boards have been ABIT and great, but the ASUS does seem to top the ABIT in the latest bunch of benchmarks, mainly because it uses the PAT memory technology even on the 865 chipset (they call it Hyper-routing or something?, there's more about it on www.tomshardware.com)

There's always some problem when you want to upgrade :)

I just finish installing my FIC 9700np on my P4P800 and it works great after i flashed the bios to unlocked the overclocking options(mbfun.bin) 8X agp and fast writes enabled, works fine so far with 3dmark and battlefield 1942. I've overclocked my 2.6ghz to 3.49ghz. I also have an audigy sb card and all is working fine, hard to believe sometimes :D

Back