• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have problems with easierrebates.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nbx2

Registered
I know you guys use rebates all the time.. but easierrebates.com is ****ing me off. I bought the officemax 100pk of cdrs $19.99 - 20MIR and i mailed it off a good two weeks ago

status check on easierrebates.com:

Product Information
Imation 100 Pack CD-R Spindle - May Promotion
Rebate Check: $20.00
Documents Received: Not yet
Reward Mailed: Not yet

Uhh.. 2 weeks is long enough for a letter to get through the mail, not to mention the fact if it didnt get where it was supposed to, it would have been mailed back, as i use pre-made printed up return address labels..

any ideas wtf is going on? I know it says 8 weeks but come on.. they have my documents by now.

is this just normal for it to say "not yet" even though a reasonable person can conclude that it doesnt take 2 weeks for an envelope to go from texas to office max's HQ?

I think it might take longer just for them to sort through all the different rebates that come in. You might want to try
wheresmyrebate.com
rebateshq.com
to track the status of your rebate. I forget how long my burner rebate took but it was pretty nerve wrecking. So keyword with rebates is patience.
Another tip: Although it might be a bit more troublesome you might want to get pricematches at other retailers instead that way you dont have to pay for the extra tax and no rebate worries.

Zazuk, did you even READ MY POST? I asked if it was normal for the website to say DOCUMENTS NOT RECEIVED when obviously they either 1. have been received or 2. have been lost. I have plenty of patience, i just wanted to make sure they didnt lose my stuff.

Its official people the rebate stress has made him snap!!!JK

check the sites I recommended my rebates just showed up and its been about 2 weeks.

Hey I waited some 8 months to get a $60 rebate back from CompUSA for a CompUSA boxed Maxtor drive, so don't get to impatient just yet.. oh and BTW, I'll never buy anything from CompUSA with a rebate again - unless it's actually going to the manufacturor.

It's funny how EasierRebates says that if you file online your rebate will be processed "up to" two weeks faster, but when I've filed the old-fashioned way with Parago, my rebates show up at their website in about ten days.

Back