• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with pelt and extra psu.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nimrod0031

Ok I have an 80w pelt on my gpu and its running of my current 480w antec psu. I have an extra 430w lying around here and was wondering how to hook it up to that psu. This may sound like a stupid question but the psu wont come on unless its plugged into the mobo. How can i get it to come on for just the pelt and maybe some fans?

Use a paperclip to jump it. Insert one end of the paper clip into the 4th pin and 6th pin from the left on the power connector.

Yep, a wire would work also. I just used paper clip because they won't fall out easy. If you use a paperclip wrap it in tape first.

There was a thread a little while ago about using 2 power supplies, and having them both turn on with your normal ATX power button. Had something to do with connecting the green wires, but don't quote me.

yeah I read that but I dont wanna chance my new psu. All I want is this extra psu to run my pelt. Do you think it would run a swifty 226w cpu pelt? How could I rig it up with it if its even possible?

Back