• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

125$ >need a good water setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I have 125 bux I can spend thru paypal only so I'am kinda limited to which site's I can shop @.

http://www.dangerden.com/

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/store.asp

http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=C

I want to be able to get everything except the hose, res, and rad. I need a pump, cpu block, chipset or gpu block one of the 2 not both, barb's, hose clamp's, and I'am thinking a 5 gal bucket for the resivior and maybe a 87 chevette or 66 mustang heatcore for the rad.

Why a 5 gallon bucket for the reservoir, do you know how much coolant that you will need to use for 5 gallons!!

Scrap the reservoir, it is not needed.

Get a gpu block, chipset blocks are a waste of money IMHO.

Go with the mustang. I think it has 5/8" tubing coming out, so it would require little modding. Just cut down the pipes and STRETCH that tubing over.

I just ordered a Maze 4... It's a pretty good value. Hopefully the performance will be there for me.

You can always use braided vinyl from Lowes, but it is VERY stiff stuff. The clearflex I ordered from Mcmaster is SOOOOO much better.

Make sure to get some Water Wetter or Zerex racing coolant.

Don't know if you'll be able to get all of those blocks and still stay in your price range. Maybe start with the CPU setup and save for the chipset and GFX Blocks.

I think http://www.aquastealth.com/ Accepts paypal as well and has the maxijet pump that's a good value.

Here is something I saw at www.aquastealth.com.

I'd bet this would be a pretty good start. Might not have all the details, though (especially a shroud).

1/2" Customized Kit (Slit Edge, Black & Chrome Heatercore, Delta 85CFM, Assembled Via Aqua with 1/2" Fill T, Masterkleer)
$115.00

I know what you mean Shroomer, but others most likely will come in here and shoot like 1000 holes in that deal. I think the fan fits the heatercore perfectly so there is no need for a shroud, I was looking at the picture. And that Delta fan is probably gonna be lould, from what I understand they generally are lould.

iNSiGMA said:
I I think the fan fits the heatercore perfectly so there is no need for a shroud, I was looking at the picture. And that Delta fan is probably gonna be lould, from what I understand they generally are lould.

The shroud is not there to make the fans "fit better," it's there to reduce turbulence and increase airflow.

I have two of those Delta fans, and they aren't bad at all at 12V, and are very quiet at 7V. :)

Except for the iffy pump, that package looks good.

Paypal has the virtual debit card. It will issue you a temp mastercard number that you can use to purchase items online. That opens up your options.

lazyart said:
Paypal has the virtual debit card. It will issue you a temp mastercard number that you can use to purchase items online. That opens up your options.
In order to do that, you need to have a credit card tied to your paypal account already.

via aqua, maxi jet, or eheim

Which is a better all around pump?

Eheim by far... It's also 3 times the cost. Maxi-Jet is my second choice, although the danner (supreme mag drive) pumps better but you didn't list it.

I also have a pair of those Deltas... At 12V they are audible, but not bad. At 7v they are just perfect. And this is with a smaller than normal shroud (about 3/4")

You're looking at the picture of the kit. That picture is almost completely different than the kit that they default to. The RAD in the pic is a Black Ice extreme. They have a resepump in the pic as well, but include a Via and T line.

I think the setup that they really offer is awsome. Read Billa's review of the SlitEdge on the front page. It's no WW, but looks a little better than the Swiftech.

The Tubing and the pump could be better. I say mount the pump so it gets air from the Heater core fan and make sure to use Watter Wetter and you should be fine.

Giblet Plus! said:
The shroud is not there to make the fans "fit better," it's there to reduce turbulence and increase airflow.

reduce turbulence?? Why would you want to do that?? Turbulence is ALWAYS a good thing when you are cooling with a fluid (be it air or water), the more turbulence, the better. A shroud will probably improve your flow, but it is also there to help you using the whole surface of your radiator, as putting your fan 1-2 inch away will help you reduce the effect of the dead spot of your fan (where the motor is) and as you know, more "active" surface is also better!

Prandtl said:

reduce turbulence?? Why would you want to do that?? Turbulence is ALWAYS a good thing when you are cooling with a fluid (be it air or water), the more turbulence, the better. A shroud will probably improve your flow, but it is also there to help you using the whole surface of your radiator, as putting your fan 1-2 inch away will help you reduce the effect of the dead spot of your fan (where the motor is) and as you know, more "active" surface is also better!

I knew something wasn't right about that "reduce turbulance" thing, but I wasn't going to sit here and argue with him.

Prandtl said:
reduce turbulence?? Why would you want to do that?? Turbulence is ALWAYS a good thing when you are cooling with a fluid (be it air or water), the more turbulence, the better.
Hmmm, I don't think that's a truism. With turbulence comes resistance. Too much resistance, no airflow.

Here is what a would suggest its about $140

Danger Den Maze 4
Via Aqua Pump
Maxxpert Radiator
Vinyl Tubing at Home depot
120mm fan
And a bay reservori for an extra 20

I didnt cut the pipes on my Mustang heatercore.

Jonspd- I recall you have a LANBoy case. The heatercore will fit if you remove the 3.5" drive bays, as well as the tray (you'll have to take off the front cover of the case to drill the rivets out).

Holler if you want more details.

Well from what I have read this is the pump I have picked

1 danner mag 2 or 3
2 via aqua 1300

jonspd said:
Well from what I have read this is the pump I have picked

1 danner mag 2 or 3
2 via aqua 1300

Yeah, I reccomend the Danner, they have a better rep than the via, from what I understand.

just a question on the WB. i know its very controversial, but how do you think the logiccooling.com's nemesis performs. its like the WW, i know its a bit different. but how well do you think itll perform against like the slit edge or even the WW? i mean its like 45 dollars. just a rough estimate, how much difference in C do you predict will be different between the nemesis vs WW or nemesis vs tc-4 or nemesis vs slit edge?

im really debating what to buy. im on a budget, i can afford the new DTEK WW, but i would rather save money if its only like 3C difference.

Back