• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra Intel875P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TobWen

Registered
Hi there,

is the "Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra Intel875P" optimal for overcloking an Intel 2,4c ?!

I love this board because it has got SCSI onboard.

Tobias

The front side bus goes up to 355mhz. So times 355 by the multiplier. 355 x 12 = 4260MHz will be the highest the motherboard will overclock it. The voltage can also be raised in increments. I dont know if you will be able to get up that high, but you will need really good cooling usually after you get past 3.2Ghz.

i duno about that board
i have experince with p4p800, p4c800
and ic-7
any of thoose i can racommend to u

I have the 8KNXP board, it has everything but SCSI onboard. You should beable to overclock the 2.4C chip a good amount on the 8KNXP Ultra. What type of memory will you be using? You should try to use like 400Mhz or 433Mhz memory with it. The bios that it has from the factory dont support dual channel 400Mhz memory, but it should when they have some new bios out.

I will be using XMS 3500.

The standard 8KNXP does not have SCSI, but the 8KNXP-Ultra does.

The bios that it has from the factory dont support dual channel 400Mhz memory, but it should when they have some new bios out.

What? They sell it is a Dual-DDR-Board !!

I don't know about this board specifically, but I've used several other gigabyte boards and for me they overclock just as well if not better than their Abit counterparts, so I would expect the same out of their new flagship.

My 8KNXP wont run the memory at 400Mhz or 333Mhz, just at 266Mhz. Im trying to get that fixed. The F6a bios are supposed to fix it, but they didnt for me.

You can use a 2.4C...I think that until you update the bios to I think like F6c (still in beta testing) your memory will only run at 266Mhz. Im not sure if my memory is bad, or if the bios are evil. But when you do try to run it, and you cant at 400mhz, get the newest bios (right now F6a). Gigabyte told me that F6a bios will work with 400Mhz memory, but I have yet to seen it work for me.

The FSB of the IC7-G goes up to over 1000Mhz, so you can overclock it alot from what I hear. The MSI Neo 2 board is also supposed to be good for overclocking.

I want to overclock the 2,4c to 3,x ... I want maximum stabilty ...
I don't want to go to the limit

I want to use Corsair XMS 3500

so I think the ASUS is okay for that - or is it really that useless ?

I dont know much about the IS7 motherboards except they use the Springdale chipset (865).

mhhh ... is the P4P800 really that bad?

I like all its features and the price is nice ...
I think I will choose ASUS - sorry :)

LOL. Im not saying the P4P800 is a bad board, but since you want to overclock a lot, I know the IC7-G is a great overclocking board. The Asus boards I know will overclock, but I dont know how much they overclock. OCSystem.com uses the IC7-G motherboard in their systems that they have running at like 3.5Ghz. But anyway, good luck with the motherboard you get.

i read that the IC7 is a bad overclocker and that the asus was teh best for stability and speed with the gigabyte somewhere in the middle

bear in mind, gigabyte temp readings are likely to be more accurate than the other 2 makes

Back