• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New IS7 Bios enables PAT like ASUS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boilermaker

Registered
According to several sources on the net, the new IS7 bios enables the PAT technology the same way the Asus P4P800 does. Anyone know if this is true? Don't have the board to verify but was looking to get it... That is if I see some high OC's out there w/ it (275+ FSB)...

By the way, it's a beta and I can't seem to find it...

Well from the semi-trustworthy reporting of our german friend t-m... He had some pretty convincing arguments w/ regards to how Asus did it. I believe that... And I believe Abit did it too... What I refuse to believe is that it is really an 875... The clincher to this will be to see if OC's will be as high on the 865's w/ the PAT patch as with the real 875's. I think the 865 being labeled as rejected 875's makes me think this could either backfire (Si865DS - sudden i865 death syndrome) or possibly just not be what people are seeing in these first few days of hype.

Well, from a very good sorce that I cannot name. It's not possible to enable full PAT on the 865. There are some features that can be enabled, but not "full blown" PAT. I'm sure they are just turning on the things they can, and the performance is very close, but like you said, I don't think they will overclock as well in general, plus, for those who care, there is no ECC....

People with es chips are running the asus p4s800 at 300fsb stable. I know people who can't get past 180 on the IC7.

I think you will find that if the 865 chipset overclocks better,same or worse than the 875 will depend on the motherboard make-model and the luck of the draw factor.

Last edited:
We are looking for IS7g_13.b03

IS7g_13.b01 WILL NOT give the performance increase. IS7g_13.b03 has been pulled, and I can't find it anywhere.

:(

I'd like to try it, but if it doesn't improve performance then I won't bother. Plus it's a beta bios and this is a new board. I'd hate to mess something up.

Here i got it, and ordered a board today. let me know how it works if you flash it. Downloaded it in case it got pulled.

The one above is not the right version it's b1 you want b3

It works on IS7,IS7-G, and the cheap IS7-e.

I'll host it here.

IS7g_13.b03
Click here!!!!!!!!

Xaeron said:
I'd like to try it, but if it doesn't improve performance then I won't bother. Plus it's a beta bios and this is a new board. I'd hate to mess something up.

You da man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a million!

What kind of temps are you guys seeing with the IS7? I'm running a 1.6a @ 2.4, and am getting temps at least 20c over actual. The same chip never exceeds 59c under load in either of my 845D mobos (BD7 and EP4BDA), but I've seen over 80c using this new IS7-E :eek:

Right now I'm getting 48C in my room it is about 76 F. With a load it doesn't seem to get higher than 55 C. It runs really hot compared to my old PIII 1 gig, but I haven't had any stability problems yet.

-BTW I'm using the stock Intel fan.

Tedinde said:
Just got my board today. over 6000 in sisoft with 275fsb and 5:4 memory

That's incredible considering my IS7-G only does 5500 @ 290 5:4 2 3 3 6

You need to let us in on your secret. I thought I was doing good :eek:

No secret i put on the beta bios 1.3, cho0se 2.5.3.2 in the memory, Enabled Ultra in the new tab the bios enables. 5:$ memory settings. Geil 3500 platinum. Suprised me!!!

Memory volts low, 275, and this is a factory sink 1.6 volts, gonna try my Alpha next, then put it in my Vapo PE

Enabling ULTRA and setting memory @ 222 board will get over 5000 in sisoft @ 200 fsb 1:1

275fsbNoboost.JPG

Back