• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmarks doing what now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goateh

Well, i just got my New IC7 .. the only problem is.. 3dmark craps its pants when I run it.. and decides to take my pc with it.. (tried 3dmark 2k1 and 2k3)

I've tried running everything at stock and I still get the same problem, i've tried upping the voltages on my ram, agp and cpu.. still the same problem ... anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it ?

And im using the 4:5 divider if that will help at all

No problems here with the stuff in my sig. Not sure whats else you could try besides what you already tried.

I had that prob lem too with my IC7 /w 9600 Pro, but i played aroud a while, and found that if i ran the AGP at 4X instead of 8X, it worked just fine. Let me know if this works for you

nah, i tried it @ 4x last night.. and all I got was a blank sceen :(

Thanx for the help though

I have exactly the same problem, and have a similar setup except i'm not overclocking anything yet, I want to get my system running 100% (including 3D Mark progs) before i overclock. I'm fairly sure the problem is the ram, mine is not that great, but seeing that you have TwinMos and yet are still having the same problem, maybe it's not (the Corsair ram in my sig is on order, will be here on Tuesday/Wednesday so i'll let you know if that helped when it gets here). I can't help but notice that we're using the same video card, and on the occasions when i actually get an error message instead of a blank screen, windows is pointing it's finger at the Radeon 9500 Pro. Checking the Event Viewer, i find that there was indeed a problem.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ati2mtag
Event Category: None
Event ID: 108
Date: 08-Jun-03
Time: 5:33:41 PM
User: N/A
Computer: THE-********
Description:
The driver ati2dvag for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 03 00 52 00 ......R.
0008: 00 00 00 00 6c 00 04 c0 ....l..À
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I'm trying to get some answers from ATI if the Radeon is indeed the cause of the problem, i'll keep you posted on my progress and would appreciate if you could share any progress you make.

Hrmmm I actually managed to fix my problem, all I did was reinstall the drivers ....

Kinda sucks tahts the last thing I thought of doing D:

Back