• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G Serious problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tugmaster666

Registered
My set up is

Abit IC7-g mobo, 2x banks of 256mb cosair xms3200 ddr ram, P4 2.8 cpu
ge-force 4 ti4200 graphics card.

The system is about a month old i set it all up as default and its been running fine since today.
I have not yet tried to overclock it or have i upated the bios.

I turned it on today and it froze at the memory test screen.
I tried again, the same.
I tried again and nothing.

I then took one bank of ram out out leaving one bank of 256 in the 1st slot. Booted it up and it then said my cpu was a 2.1ghz and the ram was at the wrong speed.
It promted me to go to bios and change the setings, i went into bios and the settings were all set to default. i rebooted and nothing, still hanging on the ram test page.

Would it be faulty ram? i can not see why it should just give up on me like this.

Does anyone know what it maybe or have had similar problems.

Despserarte times here LOL

Need the thing for work.

tug:(

Hi tug here again.
would you belive it , i fiddled about with the ram, put both sticks back in and it booted past the memory tesscreen, said the ram was ok, but when it got to load windows it just froze.

I rebooted and it was back to screen where it said i only had a 2.1ghz p4 when i actually have 2.8ghz!!!

do you think i have picked up a virus, as i did not install norton.

Help !!!

tug

Did you reset the CMOS before yuo powered on the first time. Try that and i would try to get a copy of the latest BIOS.

EDIT: I forgot to tell ya, try upping your DDR voltage to 2.7v, many have had issues with COrsair at default SPD

Back