• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech 'Fill&Bleed system' Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nan0_man

fill_bleed.jpg

This Fill'n'bleed system takes tubing with an exterior diameter of 1/8. My clearflex 60 tubing has an exterior diameter of 1/2. I have some 1/2 to 3/8 converter barbs, but im a little concerned about the interior diameter being reduced so much. Will this create a bottle neck? and if so will it greatly degrade performance. My pump works at 270gph which I understand is plenty, will adding the system perhaps just bring the flow rate down to say 170gph?

What are your thoughts?

it DOES seem like the bottle neck might be a bit of a problem, however, I don't have experience with that bleed system. The t-line I have is a bit small for my setup, it doesn't affect temps to much, but it prevents the tubing right after the t-line from becoming completely full of water, which makes the water pump noisy as hell.

I really need to get up the motivation to take it apart and replace the t-line. ;)

Back