• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My radical dual watercooled case is built

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dutchcedar

Jeez, I hope this image posting schtuff works...

Anyway, I'm building a radical liquid cooled case for a dual Opteron workstation and thought y'all might wanna peek.

But it still isn't done. It has to be taken apart and prepped for the anodizer, who's gonna turn all the aluminum black. And of course, the front window, back window and opening side window have to cut, bent and installed. They're gonna be green plexiglass.

attachment.php

The back window will show off the radiator. I still have to fill in the void left by cutting the motherboard tray... gotta leave room for those waterblocks.

attachment.php

And my favorite part...

On the left is a rheostat and variable LED for each fan and two switches with three way LEDs for fan lights. In front are two USB ports, two switches for cathode lights and three activity lights for the dual PSU. Oh, and the intake fan.

attachment.php

I've been working on this for two days less than forever, but it's finally taken shape. :booze: Now for the expensive part... filling the boxen.

p.s. this isn't in the case section because it's all about and only about liquid cooling a dual Opteron workstation. :D

Last edited:
Niiiiiice.
That is one of the coolest cases I have ever seen.

Scott
No Avatar = $0
No Sig = $0
Saving Skip Cash = Priceless

Punisher... Dodge Viper built the heater core and shroud. The top plates, front plate, back plate and fan covers were machined on Cincinatti-Milacron machines... the rest is done with small power and hand tools. :D

Yurlman... It's just a hobby. :p

This shows the essential cooling parts better... an Ehiem 1250 and Viper's handywork. You can also see how the motherboard track is raised so coolant lines can go underneath. ;)

attachment.php

iNSiGMA said:
ok, thats just nothing but a big metal frame. Lets see something in it besides a heatercore, ae?

iNSiGMA, why the negative comment? What to you gain with your mockery of these forums? Dutch do your self a favor and not respond. This person has been running a mock in these forums with very little to say other than to criticize those that are trying to help. Obvious he or she can’t appreciate craftsmanship.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound negative but....I don't get it? Is the silver frame on the side of the case for holding the computer parts? I'm just curious where the motherboard and cards will go, in the big metal frame or in the computer case part?

It does look very cool though I'm just confused on it's functionality and benefits of the addon.

well, i can't say for truth, but it looks to me like there are two motherboards in it, because it looks like there are two motherboard trays, of course i could be totally wrong

Holsum said:
Very nicely done, its great to see such great work on these forums
To yourself and the others, thank you for the fine words. :D

For a little clarification... the right half is a shortened LianLi PC60 (chopped and channeled 4-1/2"). The overall size is 17" wide x 16-1/2" tall x 19" deep.

The left half (the greenhouse) holds the motherboard. The reasons for this whole thing are many-fold, but my main priorities were to do something entirely different, make the motherboard more visible, flow the cooling air right through the case (ala Dodge Viper), have mondo cooling that doesn't get cluttered and most importantly, have fun. ;)

The workmanship on that case looks spectacular :) Please be sure to post pics as it moves along to completion.

Back