• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

***P4P800 Owners***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

I was wondering how and what you are overclocking: Which cpu, which ram? Has anyone done a vdimm mod? If so how?

Also wanted to know if anyone was having any particular problems, or recommendations for other P4P800 owners. What about bios settings? anything that needs tweaking.

I'd like to know the results of OCing with PAT enabled. Sounds almost like a hit or miss, unless Asus took special care to weed out the non-conforming chipsets (to their standars, of course, not Intel's).

I think I've finally found the sweet spot for my rig.

The 1008 BIOS allowed me stability at speeds that under 1007 just weren't stable.

I'm currently running:

2.4b (b0) @ 2970 1.8v (reported, 1.75 in bios...Goes to 1.75 reported under load)

Dual Channel DDR412 cl2/2/2/5/4 VDDR 2.65-2x Buffalo 3200 (winbond) CPUZ Calls it Melco 2700

Only thing I did to the mobo was some as3 on the NB.

Case has ~520cfm going through it at max. Usually run @50% on all rhetostats

Some bench pics:

cpuzmain.jpg

cpuzmem.jpg

sanram.jpg

3dmark.jpg

pcmark.jpg

Also have a pic of the case if anyone's interested. Was a lot of work getting all the fans in there correctly. Had to basically redo the entire lower front and rear backplane. Then the usual agp/chimney blowholes.

I'd highly reccomend trying the 1008 beta bios.

Also I've noticed something odd about memory scores between all bioses. At 1:1 (ddr 330) I pull about 3850 in sandra mem bench. PAT brings it to ~3900. But what really struck me as odd is that the bench scores between ddr333 Dual and DDR400 dual are so close. All timings being equal the spread between dual ddr333 and ddr400 is only about 200 points. I kind of hoped for more but until I find a heretofore unknown rich relative who remembers my upcoming birthday this is as good as it's going to get.

PS: PAT has negligible effect on asynchronious mem speeds

Last edited:
Been playing with my ASUS P4p800 and P4c 2.6ghz for about 2-3days now and settled for a rock solid stable of 263 FSB mhz puts me at 3.42ghz. With a 5:4 ratio(320mhz setting in bios), turbo enable, MAM enabled, RAm timings of 2-5-2-2 on my 2 sticks of 256mb corsair 3500. Memory Benchmarks in Sandra are about the lows 5800's. Vcore is set to 1.675, MEM Voltage is 1.75, AGP is set to 1.6v. My FIC RAdeon 9700 non pro is clocked at 360mhz core and 319mhz memory = 3D mark 2001 score of 18969:p AGP is set to 8X and fast writes enabled. Temps are running fine on this board.CPU at 32 degrees at idle, 50 max at load (have ArcticSilver 3 & Alpha heatsink) system under 40degrees. Using the 1007 bios, running RAID 0 IDE via controller flawlessly. Still tweaking, I can get windows to load and run fine at 270FSB just not 100% stable at that setting. Been an excellent board, only a couple of things I could ask is a more attractive good looking board with a chipset fan and I wish the CPu Vcore would not fluactuate as much

Back