• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How big is the Mustang Heater Core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shroomer

member with no avatar
It's supposed to be slightly bigger than the chevette, right? I'm thinking of re-doing the way the core is set up in my case which would require a new one. As long as it fits nicely in the bottom of a Chieftech dragon that still has the top HDD cage, I'll probably get it. If for no other reason than to increase flow.

Oh, And I don't have faith in the cuts I would have to make in the case sides to accomodate my side mounted core.

Hmm... How to word this so it's understood?... Well, most of us use either the Chevette or the Mustang with quite a few exceptions. I'm actually using a Ford F150 core as I type this. I guess what I'm asking is how much space is left at the top of the mustang under the Hard drive cage. I'm sure it will fit, but I don't know how close it will be. THe measurements on that database are from the Heatercores for you (or whatever it was) site and are just the dimentions of the core itself not taking into the tanks which can vary slightly.

Thank you. I know it was a little wordy, but I just wanted to be specific in what I wanted and why.

It's 9.25" tall. When I removed the 3.5" drive cage from my case it just got in under the 5.25" bays.

Thanks. DOn't know which I'll choose now. What year did you pick up? ...Nevermind it's in your sig:rolleyes:

Back