• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dissapointed with newegg's packaging

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

Yesterday i got my new 8rda+ and to my surprise it came in a box that it fit exactly in ,except for a space at the end that they filled up with bubble wrap. My cpu got way more packaging then this and this is a motherboard. There was absolutely nothing protecting it. The motherboard box was a bit scuffed up ,but it still works. dD they ship all their motherboards like this?

Did you RMA your Soltek board? -just wondering how that all worked out...

If I remember right, the last mobo I bought from Newegg was packed decently, but it could have been better. - I bought my Soltek from Googlegear and they packed it very well.

Hmm that is odd for newegg to do that, Every package I have ever got has been overwraped (if that is a word?) Got one tube of ASIII and it came with bubble wrap and a big box Way over done for a little tube.

I've never had a problem with them. Remember too that the motherboard itself is wrapped inside its own box. Even knowing that, it still surprises me that they wouldn't use copious amounts of padding, since they always have with me.

just got my abit from them and it was packaged the same way. the box too is a bit scuffed but i dont think anything is damaged.

My Albatron board came that way. It was well packaged, but the box was pretty scuffed up and didn't have the "new" feel to it (finger sticks to it easily) I think it got scuffed up at the warehouse. No biggie though as long as it still works I don't mind it.

I had bought a stick of ram, like a 1" by 5" package was packed incredible amount. Box it came in was like 12" x4"x18". Wrapped to an extreme.

I've ordered 5+ motherboards recently from Newegg.com.
I remember at least 3 were packaged in a FedEx box, that barely fit over the mobo box. (That's if the mobo was ordered by itself).
If I ordered a lot of other stuff (ram, HDD, opti, etc) along with it [mobo] the same day, everything would come in two large cardboard boxes.
Everything inside these large boxes would be in their own white cardboard boxes, that were bubble wrapped individually, and then foam peanuts filled the rest of the box. NewEgg.com does an awesome job 99.9% of the time with packaging. I just think that when a mobo is ordered by itself, they need to come in a foam peanut filled box, instead of a unprotected FedEx box.

-PC

drewthomas14 said:
Yesterday i got my new 8rda+ and to my surprise it came in a box that it fit exactly in ,except for a space at the end that they filled up with bubble wrap. My cpu got way more packaging then this and this is a motherboard. There was absolutely nothing protecting it. The motherboard box was a bit scuffed up ,but it still works. dD they ship all their motherboards like this?

I got mine the exact same way ;)

But i knew that the inside box was FILLED with enough protective packaging and the cardboard for the boxes was NICE and THICK :D

It arrived nice and great :)

my cpu from excaliber was packed kinda wierd it had two plastic things on both sides and two cardboard things on both sides and a rubber band. but the big box that they put everything in was actually packed realwell.

I noticed somthing with newegg the past few times ive ordered. If you get items that have free shipping then newegg gets extremley skimpy on the packaging. But if you buy items that have like $5 shipping cost to them newegg will send you huge boxes with about 5lbs of bubblewrap/packing peanuts :eek:

One thing that makes me mad about them is their shipping costs dont stack, so if you order several items that have $5 shipping or so they just add up to some insane shipping cost :mad:

I got the saver shipping and everything came boxed fine. Lot's of buble wrap and all. I guess it depends on what you order and what you order with it.

My MOBO came in a box that the MOBO box barely fit into (from Newegg. Seems they ship UPS and ship small items in larger boxes to keep them from being lost. Larger Items go into anything they will fit.

I jus ordered a refurb CPU and Video card from them about a week ago and all refurbs come with free shipping yet the cpu was in a small white box stuffed with bubble wrap then inside of a much larger fed ex box stuffed to the brim with peanuts. so i disagree about them skimping onpackaging when shippings free. I think it just matters who packs your product.

was your order retail or OEM? i received my revo card today from them. it was free shipping in a retail box and it didn't have alot of packaging. came in a fedex "Large" box with cardboard framing tokeep it from moving. if you ordered a retail part they prolly skimped on packaginf because of the box's packaging.

Back