• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LRWW+temp Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m4a2t0t

Where can I purchase the LRWW waterblock? I have been looking and havent been able to find it.

Would you consider 46C loaded (+2 hrs of WC3) a abnormally high temp for h20 cooled? I do have a eheim 1250 and 1048 stuff into a mid size case. Also, what temps for h20 cooled video card(GF FX), the temp guage reads 42-44C in the Nvidia control panel. Specs are eheim 1250, DD3, Black ice extreme for CPU circuit and for GPU/North circuit its a eheim 1048, Z-chipset, GPU block and a black ice micro. I have tried different fans and the direction of air flow through both the rads and case. I have tried changing the ratio of water wetter also and those are the lowest temps I can get in my cousins room. Its about 2C cooler in my room so I can keep it around 43C. Im thinking my case is way to small especially for having 2 pumps and that I either need to move into a big case or move the pumps out of it.

Do your eheim pumps get hot too?

XP barton 2500 - 1.7V, 10x201
corsair XMS PC3200 2.77V@6-2-2-2
Epox 8rda+ rev1.1 C1 north
PC power and cooling 425ATX
10K 36GB WD raptor

46c sounds a little high. What is your case temp?

Perhaps you should take out the ehiem 1048 and the black ice micro,
and make the setup look like this 1250-> BIX-> DD3->NB->GPU

Is the fan on the BIX right up against it? Or is there a shroud?

Last edited:
JML said:
46c sounds a little high. What is your case temp?

Perhaps you should take the ehiem 1048 and the black ice micro,
and make the look 1250-> BIX-> DD3->NB->GPU

Is the fan on the BIX right up against it? Or is there a shroud?

What he said.. I think you might be heating up your case a bit with this.
eheim pumps can get warm. ive seen ppl glur sinks on them too :S
But you need more airflow through your system. im not exactly sure how you got your system setup. but 1 pump should be fine, if your running a closed loop system.
Try running your pc on a desk without the case for 2 days, and see how the temps are. i bet theyd be alot lower.
Might need more cfm through the rad or even a better rad. 3 heat soruces might be a bit much.

If someones using a pump hot enough to require a heatsink, what they really need is a new pump.

Im thinking my case temps have something to do with it, they are around 34-37 in my cousins room. The wierd thing is have a 8rga system in my room and the system temps show 34C and the cpu temp is only 35C, this system is air cooled(the server sitting next to it has a sys teemp of 29C). When I run my cousins computer in my room the system temps are around 32-33C and the CPU doesnt go over 43C (actually I think it was lower than this).

Im going to remove the GPU circuit from the computer and see what happens. you dont think the GPU will add too much heat to the CPU cirrcuit do you?

I dont have a shroud on the black ice but I do have some weatherstrip between the the fan and radiator and it keeps all the air flowing through the radiator. I have tried switching the air direction through the radiator also, managed to get a 1C change in system temps. The Radiator fan is a 108CFM sunon.

Im susposed to get him a new case so I may just go with 2 radiators instead of the 1.

108cfm is pretty high!
I'm not sure whether the dtekcustoms.com pro core cools better than a black ice extreme, I think it does. So let's say if you sold the BIX for the dtek customs pro-core, you drop at the very least 1c cpu temp. Sell the Maze 3 for a White Water block, at the very least a 3c drop. Right there, you are down 4c (possibly 6c !). Also, I'm assuming you're case cooling may not be very good.

I removed the GPU circuit and im sitting at 38/32 idle, the highest I have seen was 42/34 after playing warcraft. If I remove the side cover the case temps goes up like 2-3C.

This is the case im using for right now, http://directron.com/317b.html , I have the radiator in the front bottom sucking air throught the rad, 2 fans in the rear exhausting air and 1 in the top exhausting.

that pump does get fairly hot in there

Last edited:
I would thought my CPU temps would have risen when I change the rad fan, I put in a panaflo fan in place of the sunon and my temps are the same. dont know CFM of panaflo but id guess maybe 80CFM, its a lot quieter than the sunon

Currently all my fans are blowing air out, going to rearrange them.

It doesn't seem to matter what fan I use or which way they are blowing, my temps still stay the same. Kinda sucks cause I have a 8RGA+ sitting next to it and it running 32/35 on a AX-7.

Maybe I need to add more coolant to my mix

I dont think your rad is getting enough air thru it. The front of that case is pretty restrictive. Try doing something to open the airflow some more. Possibly drilling holes in the bottom of the bezel or such. If you take the BIX and set it outside of your case (so it has a good supply of fresh air) what do your temps do? If they drop quite a bit this is your problem.

peace.
unloaded

Dose take much airflow at all to cool a heater core. Diminishing returns set in very quickly.

How exactly dose this weather striping keep air in the radiator?

I'm going with my imagination here, but I think you have the fan on the middle of the heatercore very close to it, with the weather stipping around that. That dosen't work, you're only running air throguh a very small portion of the HC.

Make yourself a shround to hold the fan an inch or two away from the HC.

Don't add any more water wetter or purple ice to your setup.

It dosen't take much more than an oz a gallon and then it starts hurting you instead of helping...

Back