• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7-G slow *** gigabit lan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nycundaground

Have u guys notice a slower transfer rate when u download programs and browse the internet. I use to have 230 kb/s average when dling music and other programs. Now this crappy Giagbit Lan on the Ic7-G gives me 170 kb/s average. Im witeching to my D-link Gigabit Adapter to see if there any changes. Can u guys tell me your average download rate in kb/s.

Been running my new setup for a week now and the CSA lan is better than any pci solutions I've used before.

My problem with the CSA Gigabit ethernet controller on the IC7-G is that for some reason everything works great EXCEPT MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger. These will not do voice communications over that ethernet controller, no matter what I do. I switch in a 10/100 ethernet controller PCI card and its not a problem. It does text just fine. I have a router, so I worked for weeks after putting in this new mb to see what had happened to the router. Then one day, on a fluke, I just popped in a different ethernet card and voila, it worked just as it had before on my IT7 and its integrated Realtek ethernet.

I tried to isolate its IRQ (just in case), but for whatever reason it seems hardwired to share an IRQ with another component in the computer (Ultra ATA controller) that I cannot get rid of. I've tried disabling all options in the ethernet and I've tried enabling them all. I tried installing the latest ethernet drivers and installing the pro software that is supposed to help diagnose problems.

Anyone have any ideas? This did not work even when I replaced the router. First, I had a Linksys 4-port, then I got a Netgear Wireless 54G router and the same problem is across both routers. Currently, I have both network cards in the computer and switch when I need the voice. The card is just so sluggish next to the CSA-based gigabit ethernet in everything else though. Anyone have any problems similar to this?

PS:

I've also tried a reinstall of Windows XP and a reinstall of Messenger, both of them. Tried switching between Windows Messenger 4.6/7 and MSN Messenger 5. They both have the same problem.

nycundaground said:
Have u guys notice a slower transfer rate when u download programs and browse the internet. I use to have 230 kb/s average when dling music and other programs. Now this crappy Giagbit Lan on the Ic7-G gives me 170 kb/s average. Im witeching to my D-link Gigabit Adapter to see if there any changes. Can u guys tell me your average download rate in kb/s.
thats propably the internet lag not the nic. try testing it out with a LAN transfer and see what you are getting for speeds.

Back