• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 won't power up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTCOM

Hi!
Hey, who has that problem too, that you can't power the system up by ps/2 keyboard/mouse. How do I do it?
It worked just fine with my old P4S533 !!! :p
Also if I disable the 'press del..." mesage in the bios it's still
displayed at bootup.
HELP!
And thanks!
O, bios V1007

well Ive never personally used the keyboard to power up. If you look at the manual, section 2-21 under keyboard power There is a jumper you need to switch to enable it. The book says this is disabled by default.

let me know if it helps.

Freezermug said:
well Ive never personally used the keyboard to power up. If you look at the manual, section 2-21 under keyboard power There is a jumper you need to switch to enable it. The book says this is disabled by default.

let me know if it helps.

Great, I'll try that and will let you know.

NiTCOM said:

Great, I'll try that and will let you know.

Ok, That worked! Maybe I should have studied the manual mor closely. :) Too bad you can't assign a special key to it (as mentioned in the manual....what the heck!).

--NiTCOM

Great :)

my rig is on the floor now so I may do the same soon enough. The buttons are very low. almost fall out of my chair reaching for it.

might be time to break out the dremel and fix that. :D

Freezermug said:
Great :)

my rig is on the floor now so I may do the same soon enough. The buttons are very low. almost fall out of my chair reaching for it.

might be time to break out the dremel and fix that. :D

With that mobo you can also use a ps/2 mouse to power up then you could still use the instant music feature.

Back