• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serial Harddrive on IS7 how to configure?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vincey2kr1

Registered
Have a freinds Abit IS7 and having troubles with the bios booting off the harddrive. I think it has something to do with the onboard SATA chip function not sure what to do. Its set to auto, and well it formats the harddrive and all but when it restarts from setup Xp has troubles find the disk. I switched the auto function(on chip SATA), to manual and configured it as IDE 3, the bios asks to boot off the harddisk or cdrom and gives 10secs to do it. I accept and hit enter for harddisk and the counter restarts, a no go. So i went back into BIOS and configured it as IDE 1 Master, XP boots off the harddrive(takes forever) but i lose my cdrom. Am i missing something? Abit has no new available updates for the bios. Help!

In the bios, select "Advanced Bios Features", scroll down and select "Hard Disk Boot Priority", in this screen, make sure you hard disk is #1. If not, highlight it, and use the "page up/page down" keys to make it #1.

In your "Integrated Peripherals", "On Chip IDE Device", your "OnChip Serial ATA" should be set to "Enhanced Mode"

Hope that helps....

Back