• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P4PC800 Dlx GIG Lan issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sentry

Registered
What makes the Abit IC7-G Gig Lan support better than the Asus's p4pc800. And which mb has an overall advantage. Thanks

I would say don't let the CSA or onboard LAN make your decision about any motherboard.

I have a MSI 865PE NEO2 FIS2R with the Intel giga lan and the onboard NIC sucks. It sucks just as much as the onboard Intel NIC on my old gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra.

Niether of the NICs will upload anything over 8KB/s.

This is over my home network to other PCs!

I had to put in my NIC card and disable the onboard to get my proper throughput.

The Asus onboard NIC may actually be better then the one on the abit cause its not an Intel NIC...the asus has the 3Com!

but everyone tells me anything onboard sucks!

I know this isn't on topic but i noticed the soon to be out p4c800e has CSA. What is CSA exactly. I just can't figure out what it stands for. It's costs nearly $40 more for the "e" which as far as i can tell only has CSA over the p4c800.

I guess the e=enhanced, with regards to the board actually taking advantage of Intel's Cummunication Streaming Archietecture (CSA).

Back