• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ic7 vs ic7-g

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

The ic7-g is so much more expensive then the ic7, which should i get and what's the big differences between the 2? Thanks. I'm switching from asus user to an abit user. Plz be nice. This is my 1st post in the abit section. :)

The difference is that IC7-G has dual RAID via ICH5-R and Silicon chip.

Next is Intel CSA LAN via northbridge. This is the main feature your paying for and i can admit that it does make a diifference compared to my LAN from my Gigabyte RDRAM mobo which was on the PCI bus.

Last, bragging rights for having Abit's top mobo!

Oh yeah it also comes with 1 serilell2 adapter which you'll need to use if you decide to use a ATA66/100/133 hard drive via the SATA channel.
Just that acessorie alone is worth $23.

well, i just bought the ic7-g from newegg. Then i'll buy 2 sticks of xms3500 512MB each equaling 1GB. Then i'll get my cpu and hook everything up with the 80GB 8mb cache i have and the 80GB regular hd. I'll want to get another 80GB 8mb cache (same model as the one i have), then hook it up into raid 0. How much faster do you think the system will run then my current setup below?

Coming from a RDRAM mobo myself i can admit that my system feels more 'snappier'. It could be my drives but i think the DDR is making the biggest difference with the lower latency.

I couldn't be happier with my setup and will keep it for a long time! I just want to hit at least 4Ghz+ with the Prescotts later this year and my system will be adequate until the 10Ghz CPUs come out.

I don't game often and this system is as fast as it'll ever need it to be! It will compile code in seconds and it will do anything i want.

Trust me you'll be pleased by the results, at least i know i am!

bm1 said:
I have the IC7-G + [email protected] + 1GB Twinmoss 3200 for a week now and its one hell of a combo.

That's the same setup i'm getting, i just ordered the ic7-g, next week or 2 i'll order the 2.6c, but i'm not gonna get the twinmoss 3200. I think imma buy 2 xms3500 chips.

Back