• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bolts, nuts, and springs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
Hey all

I need a NON EXPENSIVE set of the four bolts that go into the mobo holes and the nuts please.

I dotn wanna pay a stupid remium price. WAshers are unimportant since this will be held on by my mobo tray.

Please let me know if you have eitehr an offer or you know wehre the heck i can get them...

LAters

Excelsior

I was planning to goto Homedepo and get some... Are the prices gonna be 'premium' when I arrive there?

I found the perfect bolts, nuts, plastic washers, and springs at a small local hardware store. (of course it took an hour of searching through the bins to find the exact sizes I needed)
and the bolts that worked were the ones that come with the little butterfly drywall mounting things.

The proper screw size is #6-32 which are hard to find any longer than two inches.
I phoned around to industrial fasteners stores in my area and found some 3 inch ones that work for me.
I had to cut my springs in half because I had a hard time finding some the right length. Used a pair of wire snips.

xX~EXCELSIOR~Xx said:

When you find the right bolts and nuts for your rig. The link is for the springs. There is a certain pressure you'll need for the springs if you want to stay within AMD specs. Your title read: "Bolts, nuts and springs". I just thought I'd put my $.02 on the springs.

Wow, kudos to NeoMoses, that is a really good guide to mounting. I never saw it before, but I will definatley use it when I am mounting my D-tek WW when it arrives. :D

Back