• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new WC Setup / Air problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BosHaus

Registered
I just completed my setup tonight:
water-sm.jpg

I keep on getting air in the water stream and when it hits the pump It makes a very audible sound. Right now I have the D-tek resevoir. It is quite turbulent in there and keeps shooting air into the steam. So.. here are my questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to keep it a little calmer in there?
2. How far should I fill it with water? (80% full now).
3. Is 34C a good temp for my setup or do I need to reapply arctic silver or something?

Anything else you wanna say is welcomed =P

Oh, one more thing.. The water swooshing around in that resevoir makes quite a bit of noise - is it normal to hear your water so much?

thanks.

Looks like the res is between the rad and block, it should be right before the pump's intake (at least that's my opinion) and 34C is a pretty good temperature.

BosHaus said:
Yeah, there's no easy way to get that order without the tubing looking like spaghetti =P

Just turn your pump around.
Also you prolly wanna fill your res as full as you can. The less air in there, the less likely it will get in the loop.
I suspect your troubles come from you filling your system thru the res while everything was in place in the system. If you did you'll never get all the air out of your rad. They are built with a divider in the center, and this will cause air to get trapped on the inlet half. You have to do a lot of twisting and turning of the rad to get all the air out. It's kinda like those water puzzle cubes where ya try and get all the bubbles in one compartment. See pic:
rad.gif

peace.
unloaded

i also used a rse to fill my system. at first i had a horrible time getting air out then i realized i set up the res incorrectly.

u want the outlet of the res...that feeds into the inlet of the pump to be lower than the inlet of the res. This assures that the water that goes into the pump and eventually feeding the rest of the system contain only of water. warm water returning with bubles will be to the other inlet of the res, sits higher.

so leave some room at the top of your res for air to escape.

unles your res has both inlet and outlet at the same level, u may want to tilt it and let the system blled for u . it would only take a few minutes

BosHaus, you mind me asking the demensions of that heatercore?
6"W x 7"H X 2"Thick.
D-Tek Pro Radiator

Argh.. it's gonna be a pain to get thing thing apart to mess with it. I'll have to siphon the water out through the radiator I think.

My latest problem - I put a tiny bit of water wetter in and it turned the water completely white! ahh! How important is water wetter or should I just empty everything out and run pure distilled.

BosHaus, about how much room do you have inbetween the top of the heatercore and the bottom drive cage?

I understand the white will go away in a few days. Mine has already started to after 2 days of running.

altec said:
BosHaus, about how much room do you have inbetween the top of the heatercore and the bottom drive cage?

A little over an inch. Here's some closeups of the heatercore.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Originally posted by Shroomer
I understand the white will go away in a few days. Mine has already started to after 2 days of running.

Thanks shroom, I was freaking out =P

Last edited:
Back