• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All BD7-II Raid users please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi folks, I have above mentioned mo/bo and P4 2,26
I run it @ 169 FSB with +15% Volt on CPU
I have to run my Memory @ same FSB :( Problem is that I can't push my CPU farther because of the memory. I have it set to 2,7 in BIOS. Actually it is @ 2.63 or something because of the board that undervolts.

I have 512 MB (one stick) of PC3200 with Winbond chips on it. The strange thing is that it doesn't matter if I lower the CAS sattings to the ground it still stays at same FSB :( This is the second stick ( from same reseller ) because I thought that something was wrong with the first one, but no :bang head

So question is what can you folks get with same mo/bo and with what FSB ?

P.S. I have a stick of PC2100 Nanya or something that is doing 172 without trouble but it is only 256 MB :(
Is it so that my Memory needs more juice and if so are there any "easy" volt mods for memory on BD7-II Raid ?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, the BD7II is the worse board I've seen at running high DDR at fast CAS settings. A stick of Corsair XMS3500 would only do DDR426, 2-3-3-6 on the board at max 2.7 VDIMM, which is no help. I've had the same stick at DDR472, 2-2-2-5 at 3.0 volts. At 2.7 volts on the same board (4PEA+), I could do DDR435, 2-2-2-5.

With the quality of ram you have, you will probably have to run 1:1, 2-2-2-5 or 2-2-2-6. But the board is fast at 1:1. The BE7-II is a major improvement, as I was able to do DDR415, 2-2-2-5 and DDR456, 2-3-3-6 at 2.7 VDIMM with the same stick.

Back