• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit bx6 2.0 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

what-about-bob

I have an Abit mobo BX6 Revision 2. on a pentium 3 450 running XP. Current bios is KU. I have been trying unsucessfully to upgrade to QR so I can use a larger hard drive. I have tried abit tech support, which in my opinion is very bad. and someother forums. They all tell me the same thing but it doesn't work. I downloaded the awardflash 8.22 and the bx_qr file and put them on a bootable floppy which I made by right clicking on A: and clicking the make an ms dos startup disk. When I reboot the computer it goes into dos with an A: prompt. I type in awdflash.exe and it takes me to a box which then asks name of file to update. I have typed in everything I can think of from awdflash. exe to the new bios update bx6r2 BX_qr to the old bios. bvx6r2BX_ku. It asks if I want to save the old bios which I click yes, it saves it, then gives me a file source not find error. :bang head I am at wits end, Abits answer was to read the instructions on their website which I followed to the letter, which I told them, but thats all the help they offered. Can you Please give me any idea of what I'm doing wrong? :confused: Thanks [email protected]

Can you see the file extension? Usually it's a binary file (.bin).
Sometimes it's case sensitive as well.

So if the file name is bx6r2 BX_qr.bin make sure you type it EXACTLY like that (watch the space, BX needs to be typed in caps and don't forget the underscore).

You could just rename the file so it's easier to remember, or type dir at the A: prompt hit enter (use /p if the list is too long) and write down the EXACT file name.

Hope that helped.

**EDIT** Welcome to the forums.

Back