• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bd7II temps question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuffRyder88

I know about the abit over reporting temps, and how the amount varies by how much, but my system temps are reported as 50 degrees, even higher than my cpu!! Could it really be over reporting by 20+ degrees?!

Alos, what is the minimum that the mobos over report by? My cpu is reported at 56 degrees by hardware monitor, and i want to know what is the highest it could really be.

thanx.

regards,
bob.

My BD7II is currently reporting 40C for board temp and 41C for cpu temp.

If you check the ambient when you boot your cpu and then check the board temp you will get a pretty good idea of how much your board is over reporting.

The CPU sensor is probably over reporting about 10C. I dont think you would have any problems running around 50C. Im not sure what the maximum stable temps are for the p4 since temperature has never been an issue with my setup. Before I watercooled my Volcano 7 kept the reported temps around 48C if I remember correctly.

Are those idle temps or under full load?

My BD7-II shows 55ºC system temp under load with cpuburn (passive northbridge cooling) and 50ºC cpu temp. Ambient is usually about 20-22ºC.

My BD7-II also gives insanely high temps. Running a 2.4B at a mild overclock of 2.6GHz at 1.55v gives me a CPU temperature of 71C and System Temperature of 80C. The system is a silent one without much in the way of airflow, but a thermistor shows the real case temperature to be around 37c and the ambient around 28c (Hot room).

ceefer said:
Are those idle temps or under full load?

My BD7-II shows 55ºC system temp under load with cpuburn (passive northbridge cooling) and 50ºC cpu temp. Ambient is usually about 20-22ºC.

No, under load it went up to about 60c I believe. If your not getting any lockups then I wouldnt sweat it

Back