• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no full usb speed with p4p800 dx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTCOM

Ok, another problems discovered (this board is so much fun):
I have a smartdisk portable usb2.0 device. So, when I config it in the bios at highspeed then it won't show up in the system as smartdisk device only a removeable device that I can't use is displayed. When I set in the bios to full speed (I guess considered usb1.1 level) then I finds it okay but it only work with 1.1 speed which take for example over 90 minutes to copy my backup to it. :(
I also had to manually install the usb drivers for the onboard stuff. "'you DO NOT NEED to install the drivers" stated in the manual of the board's usb driver-- well, apparantli I had !?!

One pain in the rear after another. :(

Hope somebody knows the answer to this.

--NiTCOM

Ec]-[oMaN said:
you are suppose to,if you try to install install the usb drivers off of the asus it tells you to dl windows update sp1

So those Intel drivers are just for the Windows versions below XP, I guess? I don't get it. I installed the intel drivers from the disk and they seem to work fine except the high speed mode.
There must be a tweak to make it fly! :)

Last edited:
Back