• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got into overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

renots

Registered
noob overclocker needs input

i have recently got into overclocking...currently overclocked [email protected] i start reading about overclocking the p4 2.4c...i just went from a p4 platform to amd xp platform for overclocking reasons...now the p4 platform has got my attention mainly coz of its overclockability...was looking to setup a p4c800 with a p4 2.4c...any better recommendations or input on setup???

Last edited:
right now the word is get a p4 2.4 or 2.6c (800 fsb) and mate it up with a good canterwood mb. most guys are averaging 3.2-3.4 and in some cases 3.6 on air!!! with corresponding increases in memory scores in the higher 5000's and fsb speeds near 1200.. now that is a real bang for the buck... no offense to the amd guys, (cause last year i wuz one too) but this setup is most definitely the way to go for right now....

Back