• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tech Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

Ok, so im having trouble with gigabyte Tech Support... I need to Send my board in for either repair or RMA, but i contact gigabyte, and then they email me back a month later and do nothign ...... i need better support then this! i think i've been contacting the taiwan support center, and i was wondering if anyone else knows of any emails to gigabyte here in North America, preferably in Canada and if not in the states.... or some other way of contacting gigabyte for faster responces...

raven

Good luck. I waited 3 weeks for a reply when my nb fan died. I had already gotten a zalman hs as a replacement before they responded.

Make a Phonecall, even i that live in sweden made a phonecall to Us support and voila.

Made a RMa on my 8KNXP lastweek to netherlands. EMAIL sucks phone is theonly reasonable thing to do

Agreed about the email response. POOR
I have averaged between one, to two weeks turn around response time on general question. Love my board but will never purchase Giga-byte again soley based on their customer service.

bigger companys have automated RMA's that makes it all easier, yust to type in your email and adress and its done.

Support/rma is a important part that many companies underestimate, a phone call does more impact in your arend to.

Off topic:
Redstone can i get you html code four your sign, i like it.

it has been 2 weeks and still no responce.. i rally hate this... at this rate, i will be sending in my board next summer for RMA, and by then the tejas' shipset will be out.. and my 1.7 celly which is in that board will be like my 300A to me right now!

i think i will try to call them. see if they can do anyhtign for me. now where can i find that toll free number........

raven

I emailed them tonite at 8 est USA and got a reply by 11:00est. Thats pretty good cause its still sunday here. I have the bad @BioS ver F5 problem on my 8knxp MB They said try and clear the cosmos... if that dont work contact my vendor cause thats faster then going thur them for a replacment. So it sounds like I'm gonna get a RMA#. I hope so. What a kick in the ballz. :rolleyes:

ddoggma said:
I emailed them tonite at 8 est USA and got a reply by 11:00est. Thats pretty good cause its still sunday here. I have the bad @bios ver F5 problem on my 8knxp MB They said try and clear the cosmos... if that dont work contact my vendor cause thats faster then going thur them for a replacment. So it sounds like I'm gonna get a RMA#. I hope so. What a kick in the ballz. :rolleyes:

Where did you email them? i think ive been sending my emails to the taiwan office. I coudlnt find a canadian or american email addy. would you by any chance have one or a phone number that i could call them at?
ya.. that happened to me too once. emailed them on sunday and got a reply in a few hours. well good luck with your board, and hope they dont give you any trouble with contacting them.

raven

hey, thanks.. i hadnt seen that before.. so i jsut emailed the tech support in the US, and am now waiting for a reply. I will let you know how fast i get one form them... i hope it doesnt take a month like last time.

raven

raven said:
hey, thanks.. i hadnt seen that before.. so i jsut emailed the tech support in the US, and am now waiting for a reply. I will let you know how fast i get one form them... i hope it doesnt take a month like last time.

raven

Ya, so i quoted myself... but i just got an email form gigabyte and they gave me a number to call and the email addy to the rma division. So i am pretty pleased with this support. sure beats sending emails to taiwan.

raven

well, got a responce from gigabyte again today, with an RMA form. So all i gotta do is get the rma number from them. I cant wait... this has been amazing service since ive sent emails to the US. responces a day a part! im starting to like this.

raven

well woppy got my Motherboard back, assembled it and it fried my VGA card. it cought Fire.

some glitch, i could push here and the on certain points and when that happen the oard started to live.
**** that VGA costed me $550 new last year. a Matrox Parhelia 512.

all id like to say is that the support form the states with gigabyte has been great

the responces ive gotten have been nextday, so if anyone is worried about support from gigabyte, they should at least give them a try and see how it goes

raven

We got our MB back friday. Fired right up, and has the f5 bios installed. Think I'll stay with that for a bit before any good old fashion bios flash with a good old floppy.;) Took 3 weeks , Remember the bios flash windows utility is buggy, BEWARE! Bye the way they sent back the same board:p its kicking *** right now, we'll go for a OC maybe next week. It did 3.25 out of the box. On retail HS, Game crashed to desktop so we backed down. Just wanted to see if she'd post:) We got no problem hitting 3.0> with this baby!

Back